Commissions have been closed until further notice. I will likely take a few slots in December 2011, and will likely reopen them fully in May 2012. Please watch my facebook page here: [link] for more up to date information. Other Policies:
I ship anywhere. I ship expedited within USA and Canada, which comes with tracking. International is sent by small packet air usually. Shipping prices vary by state zip code, and internationally by weight and country. Usually shipping for one sculptures within the states and canada ranges about $20-$30, and one sculpture sent internationally is about $34. These are just estimates; I will give you an actual quote once the sculpture is ready to mail. I do not charge handling or material fees for shipping (Canada Post is expensive enough as it is), the price I quote is the price I pay as well.
I take paypal, and might accept money orders within Canada and the USA, but would highly prefer paypal. If you have concerns about protection, I am happy to list the commission on ebay or etsy and have you purchase it. However, paypal automatically comes with protection as long as you don't select the gift option.
I require 1/2 of the sculpture price before I start anything. The other 1/2, plus shipping, is required before I ship the sculpture. If you want to pay the entire sum up front, that is fine too. I cannot refund the initial half after I have started the sculpture.
(for example; If you change your mind about wanting the commission or cannot pay the second half.) The only time I will refund your deposit is if I have to cancel the commission due to some unforeseen circumstance on my end.
The time it takes to complete the sculpture varies. During april and early december I have exams so commissions are put on hold. For the most part, it should take around 6-8 weeks to complete a sculpture commission. If you need it faster, let me know and we can work something out. However, for "rush" orders, extra charges would apply. I do not take rush orders in april or december.
I can do portrait models, if you want me to work from a photo of your horse. I will ask you any questions I need to know along the way, but if you're interested in a commission try to have as detailed a description for me as possible. I will need to know things like eye color, hair type, and pose, but of course I'll work all that out with you before I start.
I will do a sketch of the sculpture for you to approve, and will send work in progress photos along the way. If you are picky about a certain aspect of the sculpture, let me know ahead of time and I will send you more pictures as I work for your approval. I have no problem making changes if something does not look right, however, asking me to make major changes because you've changed your mind isn't reasonable. (For example, deciding you would rather have an arabian horse instead of a friesian) I'm quite flexible,and take criticism well, plus I would much rather you ask me to tweek something than for you to be less than 100% satisfied with your commission.
With all that said, I am very flexible and open to whatever you might want. Feel free to ask questions, ask me to add or change things, whatever. I'm very easy going and willing
If you want a non-equine sculpture, such as a fairy, dragon, centaur, etc please inquire about pricing. I generally go by cost of materials, with less focus on time and effort. So, sculptures that require materials cost more, whereas sculptures that have complex designs usually do not.
1. To order a sculpture, send me a note or an email with what you'd like. I will ask any questions I need to know at this point, and let you know how much the sculpture will cost, and how much shipping will cost.
2. I will do a sketch for your approval prior to starting the sculpture.
3. I require 1/2 of the sculpture price (not including shipping) before I start. This is non-refundable.
4. Now is the working time. I take around 6 weeks to complete commissions. Feel free to note me at this stage and ask how it's coming along, if I haven't been messaging you. I tend to send progress photos regularly but don't hesitate to contact me. At any stage if something doesn't look right please let me know so I can change it.
5. Once I finish I will send photos of the completed sculpture for your approval. If anything looks off tell me.
6. At this stage I require the second half of the payment, plus the cost of shipping.
7. I mail the sculpture out to you, with a certificate of authenticity.
8. Please let me know when your sculpture arrives and how you like it! General Policies
I accept paypal, and might accept money orders within Canada and the USA.
My prices are all in USD and do not include shipping.
I generally send progress photos, but can send more, more often, if you want, just ask.
I'm quite easy going and flexible; feel free to approach me for whatever.